- Some snakes are venomous and some are not. Different venom from different species of snakes has different effects on the body.
- Identifying the snake (safely) is helpful to treatment
What Does It Look Like?
- Painful bleeding puncture wound with redness and swelling
- Lethargy, drooling, twitching
- Collapse and Shock
What Do You Do?
- Keep your pet calm and still
- Do not try to suck out the venom or cut open the wound
- Do not apply ice pack or tourniquet to the area
- Clean the area with water
- Get to your vet ASAP and restrict your pet from moving more than necessary