- Falling down can be caused by numerous issues
- Fainting (syncope) can be a cause of falling down
- Ataxia (ie walking like they are drunk) can cause falling down and is caused by inner ear issues, neurological issues, toxins, and toxins
- Weakness can be caused by many issues and can cause a pet to fall down
What Does It Look Like?
- Pet will either fall down completely or be “wobbly”
- Pet can either be completely aware of what is going on or can be confused
What Do You Do?
- Seek a veterinarian ASAP (even if the pet returns to normal shortly after episode)
- There are many very bad causes of falling down, but some are treatable if discovered early enough.